Take the Kids Only challenge and see if you can answer the mystery questions. Ask your parents and friends, you will be the one with the answers…Be a champion of fruits and vegetables.
- How many seeds are on an average strawberry?
- How many cherries does the average cherry tree have?
- How many kernels are on an ear of corn?
- Where do beets originate?
- What color were the early carrots, dating back over a thousand years ago?
- Where do Nectarines originate?
- What are the colors of pumpkins?
- What “flower family” do strawberries belong?
- Why are cranberries sometimes called “bounce berries” ?
- What fruits belongs in the citrus family? ( Hint: there are 9)
- How many different vegetables are grown in Monterey County?
- Did pre-historic cave people eat vegetables? Name one. (Hint: the inside is orange)
CLICK HERE FOR THE ANSWERS
FUN FACTS (pdf)
All our programs are offered in English and Spanish